1. What is the best defense for protecting a network from phishing exploits?
Schedule training for all users.
2. What are three characteristics of a good security policy? (Choose three.)
It defines acceptable and unacceptable use of network resources.
It communicates consensus and defines roles.
It defines how to handle security incidents.
3. The Cisco IOS image naming convention allows identification of different versions and capabilities of the IOS. What information can be gained from the filename c2600-d-mz.121-4? (Choose two.)
The software is version 12.1, 4th revision.
The IOS is for the Cisco 2600 series hardware platform.
4. Refer to the exhibit. What is accomplished when both commands are configured on the router?
The commands disable the services such as echo, discard, and chargen on the router to prevent security vulnerabilities.
5. Which two conditions should the network administrator verify before attempting to upgrade a Cisco IOS image using a TFTP server? (Choose two.)
Verify connectivity between the router and TFTP server using the ping command.
Verify that there is enough flash memory for the new Cisco IOS image using the show flash command.
6. Which two statements regarding preventing network attacks are true? (Choose two.)
Physical security threat mitigation consists of controlling access to device console ports, labeling critical cable runs, installing UPS systems, and providing climate control.
Changing default usernames and passwords and disabling or uninstalling unnecessary services are aspects of device hardening.
7. An IT director has begun a campaign to remind users to avoid opening e-mail messages from suspicious sources. Which type of attack is the IT director trying to protect users from?
8. Users are unable to access a company server. The system logs show that the server is operating slowly because it is receiving a high level of fake requests for service. Which type of attack is occurring?
9. Refer to the exhibit. What is the purpose of the “ip ospf message-digest-key 1 md5 cisco” statement in the configuration?
to specify a key that is used to authenticate routing updates
10. Which two statements define the security risk when DNS services are enabled on the network? (Choose two.)
By default, name queries are sent to the broadcast address 255.255.255.255.
The basic DNS protocol does not provide authentication or integrity assurance.
11. Which two statements are true about network attacks? (Choose two.)
A brute-force attack searches to try every possible password from a combination of characters.
Devices in the DMZ should not be fully trusted by internal devices, and communication between the DMZ and internal devices should be authenticated to prevent attacks such as port redirection.
12. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is trying to configure a router to use SDM, but it is not functioning correctly. What could be the problem?
The privilege level of the user is not configured correctly.
13. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator is trying to back up the Cisco IOS router software and receives the output shown. What are two possible reasons for this output? (Choose two.)
The router cannot connect to the TFTP server.
The TFTP server software has not been started.
Which two statements are true regarding network security? (Choose two.)
Both experienced hackers who are capable of writing their own exploit code and inexperienced individuals who download exploits from the Internet pose a serious threat to network security.
Protecting network devices from physical damage caused by water or electricity is a necessary part of the security policy.
15. The password recovery process begins in which operating mode and using what type of connection? (Choose two.)
direct connection through the console port
16. Which two objectives must a security policy accomplish? (Choose two.)
document the resources to be protected
identify the security objectives of the organization
17. Which statement is true about Cisco Security Device Manager (SDM)?
SDM can be run from router memory or from a PC.
18. Which step is required to recover a lost enable password for a router?
Set the configuration register to bypass the startup configuration.
19. Refer to the exhibit. Security Device Manager (SDM) is installed on router R1. What is the result of opening a web browser on PC1 and entering the URL https://192.168.10.1?
The SDM page of R1 appears with a dialog box that requests a username and password.
20. Intrusion detection occurs at which stage of the Security Wheel?
21. Refer to the exhibit. Security Device Manager (SDM) has been used to configure a required level of security on the router. What would be accomplished when the SDM applies the next step on the security problems that are identified on the router?
SDM will reconfigure the services that are marked in the exhibit as “fix it” to apply the suggested security changes.
What are two benefits of using Cisco AutoSecure? (Choose two.)
It offers the ability to instantly disable non-essential system processes and services.
It allows the administrator to configure security policies without having to understand all of the Cisco IOS software features.